Re: Mustek SE12000SP, SuSE5.3 and out of memory.

Luciano Olivo (luciano.olivo@ud.nettuno.it)
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 22:14:26 +0100

>Oliver Rauch wrote:
>
>Hi Luciano,
>
>you made a mistake while you changed the linux-kernel-file sg.h
>
>Correct that and then recompile the kernel and sane!
>
>Bye
>Oliver

Hi Oliver,

thanks for the advice: I suspected that I made a mistake, but I was not able to
find it until I unerstood that the compile.log was not overwritten at every
compilation and that I was reading at every compilation the same error message
(ok, you guessed right, I am a begginner).
I corrected the mistake, but I still got the OUT OF MEMORY message when running
scanimage or xscanimage in hig resolution or color! The day after I booted the
system and ran again xscanimage: this time, to my great surprise, it
worked fine at 300 dpi, color-mode (but very slowly, a lot of times slower than
using the Mustek drivers under Windoze 3.11).
Then, I don' t know why, the system crashed, with some dameages to the
filesystem (I lost all the inodes containing the /var/log directory).
May be I made some other mistake (the probability for this is not low) but
I am beginning to think that some trick is needed to get SANE 1.0 to work
with SuSE 5.3 the SE12000SP and the DMX3181LE scsi card.

Bye

Luciano