Re: Scanner survey results

Johan Bengtsson (johanb@lls.se)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 23:29:26 +0100

On 22 Mar 99, at 17:58, Andreas Czechanowski wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please add to the list:
>
> Mustek 600 II N (F/W 2.00) works mostly (color + grayscale),
> in lineart/halftone the threshold/contrast/brightness cannot be
> adjusted yet (but grayscale is a superset of all this, so you can
> do it in an application like GIMP afterwards).
>
> There is another Firmware (1.01) out there which seems to be widely
> spread and newer than 2.00, which may still have some problems.
>
> Anyone else with this WYGIWYP (what you get is what you paid) scanner ?

Yes, unfortunately I have one with firmware 1.01, and I have
problems with color scanning. Currently I have Sane-pre1.01-2 on
my system. What options should one set in mustek.conf to get the
best possible results with this scanner?

Best regards,
Johan Bengtsson

---
E-mail @ home: johanb@lls.se
E.mail @ work: johan.bengtsson@eductus-vast.com
ICQ: 27505976
TENT OF MIRACLES -the unofficial homepage of the legendary band SPIRIT!