Re: Linux Driver for Primax Colorado Direct

Marco Foglia (mfoglia@physik.unizh.ch)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 13:28:19 +0100

Danilo Godec wrote:
> I tried the driver with Primax 4800 DIRECT (I know this is not
> the *same* as Colorado Direct, but was hoping these two are somewhat
> compatible :((( ).

I have just had a look at the Win driver for the Primax 4800. It
looks totally different and not compatible with the Colorado Direct.
Sorry, you are (probably) out of luck!

The following scanners seem to work:

- Primax Colorado Direct
- Primax Colorado Direct 600
- N@twork MM100
- Genius Colorpage-Vivid+

The easiest way to check compatibility with the Primax Colorado
Direct code is to turn on the scanner lamp (option -lon). This
command sends the magic wake-up sequence and afterwards tries to
turn on the lamp in epp mode. If the lamp does not go on you have a
incompatible scanner or a badly configured parallel port.

Marco