Re: Sane drivers

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 01:51:55 +0100

On Mon, Mar 15, 1999 at 02:07:57PM +0200, Juha Sahakangas wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 1999, Bert Bakker wrote:
>
> > Dear Sirs,
> >
> > We have already sent out the SCSI command set to several people would
> > said that they would publish the resulting driver on the SANE website.

It seems that the list server has some problems. Neither did I receive
the original mail, nor did it show up in the archive.

I am not sure, whether some text has been cut here, but backends for
Microtek scanners exist, one for models with SCSI-1 command set and
another for models with SCSI-2 command set. The latter is there for almost
a year.

If people want to have the specs they are probably not satisfied
with the existing backend, and want to improve it or eliminate bugs or
extend its capabilities to other models themselves. The results of these
efforts get usually included into the backends that are part of the
SANE distribution.

> You need to give also paraller <-> scsi adapter specs if you would like to
> get paraller port scanner drivers too..
>
> > I would like to have just one contact for this Linux SANE project and
> > not just individual people who just write a driver for only one scanner.
>
> Well, just for that this mailing list is good for.

Yes. This list is the primary contact for problems with or questions to SANE.
If you want to contact individuals (for example the people who maintain
the Microtek backends) you can find adresses either via
the SANE webserver or in the sources.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder