Re: Tamarack Parallel Port Scanner

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Wed, 10 Mar 1999 09:31:27 +0100 (MET)

Peter Dunkley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently purchased a Tamarack Artiscan 4800 (Plus?) Parallel Port
> Scanner, and would like to use this under Linux. I looked at the Tamarack
> backend, but it seems to only support SCSI scanners. Could someone tell
> me if there is a backend that supports this scanner, and if not is anybody
> developing one?

I made the scsi backend.

Tamarack needs a bit more pushing to start paying me for the
development of the driver for the par port versions of their scanners.
Tell them that you want a SANE backend!

Roger.

*   Never blow in a cat's ear because if you do, usually after three or  *
*   four times, they will bite your lips!  And they don't let go for at  *
*   least a minute. -- Lisa Coburn, age 9