Re: microtek ScanMaker X6 (EL)

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 23:51:29 +0100

On Thu, Mar 04, 1999 at 08:05:55PM -0500, wwc@wwcnet.nu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a MicroTek X6-EL with the most recent drivers I can
> find (microtek2-pre0.6.291298.tar.gz, with a patch) and it still
> has the problem with bad scans (all green, or only green and red) . I

Was this problem with the wrong colors already present in the 0.5
version of the backend, that was part of sane-1.00 ? The algorithm
how the the data that is processed, that is transferred from the device,
has completely changed between this version and the pre-0.6 release.

> have partially diagnosed the problem as occurring at any resolution with
> certain y sizes. For example, it always works fine if the y size is one
> of:
>
> 1843,1872,1824,1830,1829,1913,1828,1827,1837
>
> and always fails if one of:
>
> 1880,1825,1814,1836,1858
>
> Any thought or tests which I might conduct to further diagnose
> would be of great help.

One thing you can do is to send me two traces (not too big, if possible), one
trace of a succesful scan, and one of a scan with wrong colors, with
'option dump 2' set in the microtek2.conf file and the environment variable
SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2 set to 30.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder