Re: Xsane & GNOME...

Paul Jakma (paul@clubi.ie)
Sun, 28 Feb 1999 15:28:10 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999, Oliver Rauch wrote:

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> I see you're doing a great job with xsane. I'm very glad that you're
> doing this.

Thanks.

> May I ask what you think of adding GNOME support to xsane
> or is it GNOME-compliant already? I'm not much of a GUI person
> myself, but I do like the GNOME project a lot because I think they
> have shown good taste so far in what technology they adopt and how
> they structure the project

I already thought about making special versions or including special functions
for GNOME/KDE. But there are a lot of other things that are much more important
than that. I do not use KDE or GNOME and I do not know anything about their
protocols/special functions. But that is no big problem, I did not know much
about
GTK but step by step I learn what I need to know.

and don't forget windowmaker! I want --with-WINGs --next-look
configure options!

(or maybe it's time to sit the GNOME/KDE/etc people down and define a
generic windowmanager/client communication standard.... 8^) )

comments to /dev/null please...

--
Paul Jakma
paul@clubi.ie	http://hibernia.clubi.ie