Re: Microtek - Scanner and SCSI - Emulation over EPP

justiny@newsguy.com
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:55:33 -0800 (PST)

At Thu, 18 Feb 1999 15:31:13 +0200, you wrote
>At 12:26 18.2.1999 +0100, you wrote:
>
>>I do not care much about scanning speed, or locking up the system. But I
>>am interested to hear, about the SCSI emulation. Does anyone have
>>experience, if it works - what dirvers are necessary to use it?
>
>What SCSI emulation are you talking about? There is a IDE-SCSI emulation in
>linux kernel (which puts ide-devices look like scsi ones), but no any
>paraller port scsi-systems.. except parport Zip-drives
>
>I have microtek parallel port scanner which has scsi-command set, but it
>does NOT work with sane / linux. If anyone knows how to put this thing
>work, i'll really appreciate it.

Err... there is a scsi over parallel port driver for Linux.

Check http://www.torque.net/parport/.

I believe this is what the folks who are doing the v310p backend are doing.

--Justin