Re: AT12 / DTC SCSI

Francisco Rodrigo Escobedo Robles (frer@vnet.es)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:17:39 +0000

Hello all.

> A while ago I asked the sane-devel mailing list if it were possible to
> get the Artec AT12 scanner working with Linux and SANE using the SCSI card
> supplied with the scanner.
[...]
> source and built it, along with your brand-new artec driver. I can now
> boot with the scanner on and do exactly one faultless scan with
> xscanimage before the scanner hangs up and refuses to do anything
> more. The scan mechanism does return to the usual park position after
> the one good scan. This sounds very like the symptoms reporeted a few
> weeks ago by Francisco Rodrigo Escobedo Robles (frer@vnet.es) using a
> NCR53C810 card.

It's me (frer, not the card :)

> I do
>
> export SANE_DEBUG_ARTEC=128
> export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=128
>
> before scanning and these were the last few lines of output in one
> case, although they don't seem repeatable.

This is exactly what I have got until now. I promise to read AT12 specs as
soon as I can, in order to help in solving this issue. Perhaps you, Chris and
I could collaborate.

> I'll keep you posted if I have any further success.
>
> Many thanks for your efforts,

I second that. SANE is great thanks to the developers. In fact, problems like
this is that make us all developers :)

Regards.

---
Francisco Rodrigo Escobedo Robles - Sending from home
ax25:ea7abo - mailto:frer@vnet.es
This message is just my opinion right now