Re: Please help me with unrecogn. scanner (Microtek 630)

Robert J. Alexander (rja@raleigh.ibm.com)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:11:55 +0100

Milon Firikis wrote:

> It is best to create a sane group and give RW access over /dev/sg1 in
> that group. This way you won't need to be root in order to scan. It's
> all in the docs...

You KNOW that NEVER, all is in the docs 8->

Anyway I have done that which works great but I have a side-issue
question.

The scanner gets assigned /dev/sg1 normally, but if I boot with ALSO my
4mm DAT SCSI tape on this device gets /dev/sg1 and the scanner becomes
/dev/sg2 ...

How can I force the scanner always to be /dev/sg1 ?

--
Robert Alexander
IBM Italy