Re: Is Java a good platform for document archiving applications?

F. Fernandez (ferdez@despodata.pt)
Fri, 05 Feb 1999 11:22:08 +0000

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> I don't like either that much when it comes to languages. But java does
> requires much more resources on a workstation. So what ever you do with
> java will never be small.

So, you would choose C? The problem is that we need to integrate the
image aquisition with pretty data entry forms. We now use Informix 4GL
(a character based language) for this but we would like to turn a
graphics environment. C/C++ is no option for fast developing
of data entry apps.

We would prefer a tight integration between the app and the image
aquisition routines. We are more inclined to Java. Is anyone around
here developing medium sized Java with SANE on Linux?

Fernando

P.S.: I'm new to this list so, if this is off-topic, please
let me know.

--
Fernando Fernandez
http://despodata.pt/ddata/pessoal/ferdez.htm