Re: Programming Parallel Port

Peter Kirchgessner (pkirchgessner@t-online.de)
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 20:54:47 +0100

François Bonnin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need to pilot a scanner via parallel port.
> you know certainly to programm parallel port on PC. Can you send me examples
> about parallel port programming on PC.

Hello,

sending data to the parallel port is not difficult. The problem is how
to do
it that the scanner accepts the data. You can hook up a printer and
a scanner to the parallel port. But what to do to send data only to the
scanner
is not published by the scanners manufacturer.

> Otherwise, where can I me to inform, please ?

There are some people which are working on parallel port programming.
See http://www.tourque.net/parport.

-- Peter

> Thanks for your interest.
> Regards