Prospective Film Scanner Purchaser Requires Advice.

David Rose (David.R.Rose@disney.com)
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 13:24:57 -0800

Ralph Corderoy writes:
> I don't believe SANE supports this yet; last I heard David Rose was
> talking with Minolta and waiting for legal department to clear release
> of the technical info. Is there any news regarding this? Did Minolta
> deliver?

Hello! No word from Minolta yet, but don't hold your breath.

> Since I don't have any Micro$oft OSs on this box, only Linux/Intel,
> another alternative would be to try the Minolta software under WINE.
> Does this sound feasible? I've never used WINE at all. It sounds
> like some SANErs are using WINE to reverse-engineer the scanner
> protocols so that suggests it might be good enough.

I haven't yet had the nerve to try to run my QuickScan 35 driver under
WINE. I suspect the hard part would be getting a WINE application to
talk to the SCSI card; perhaps somone else on the list can speak about
the probability of this working right off the bat.

David