Re: any combination printer/scanner supported by SANE?

Peter Kirchgessner (pkirchgessner@t-online.de)
Sun, 31 Jan 1999 22:58:43 +0100

Christopher Curtis wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Jan 1999, Peter Kirchgessner wrote:
>
> > as I know, the OfficeJet 600 is connected by parallel port. Thus it is
> > not supported by SANE.
>
> Hmm. Does SANE support *only* true SCSI scanners?

To be more specific, the HP backend supports only SCSI scanners
(beside the HP ScanJet Plus with a proprietary parallel interface card).

> Is there a way to attach a SCSI chain to a parport?

With Linux kernel 2.2 there may be a group working on special drivers
for those parallel port devices. You could watch the Linux parport
mailing list at http://www.torque.net/parport to see what happens there.

--Peter

> Chris

Peter Kirchgessner