Re: mustek 12000P

Jeff DeFouw (mrj@i2k.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:21:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, Gunter Koenigsmann wrote:

> Don't know if my last mail ever left my computer, so i ask again:

I think I remember seeing it. Looks like no one replied.

> I own a Mustek 12000P, which is an (hopeful) ordinary flatbred scanner
> that unfortunately uses an 'non- funny' Printer port. Making sane
> recognize '/dev/lp1' as base address 0x378 works fine, but has no
> effect: sane reads port 0x378 again and again and again. Probably the
> problem is quite simple (i hope so): The printer port is not in EPP
> mode. The bios setting only allows it to be an EPP port. It does not
> switch epp mode on. Does anybody know, how to do so, and think it will
> work?

This scanner is not currently supported. I am working on a driver for
the Mustek 600 III EP Plus which just might be compatible, but the
difference in the model number seems to indicate otherwise. You can try
my driver when I'm done with it.

--
Jeff DeFouw <mrj@i2k.com>
I2K Staff - http://www.i2k.com