Re: Scanner Purchase Advice short list

Peter Kirchgessner (peter@kirchgessner.net)
Tue, 05 Jan 1999 22:52:33 +0100

Jeffrey Perry wrote:

> 5? ) Any others which should be on this short list? I looked briefly at HP Scanjets but they
> seem expensive for the price range I set (around $200)
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance...I hope to be enjoying a new scanner under Linux soon!

Hi,

I can only tell about the HP scanners. You will not end up with $200.
I suppose these are the parallel port scanners which are not supported.
And if you buy a SCSI scanner, you are not quite sure if the SCSI card
that you get with the scanner is supported by your OS (Linux I suppose).
But there comand set is quite good documented :-)

--Peter

--
Peter Kirchgessner
WWW:    http://www.kirchgessner.net