Re: Solaris 2.6 w/ HP ScanJet 4c

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 09:27:31 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 11 Dec 1998, Michael Sweet wrote:

> Chris Riggins wrote:
> >
> > > If only the patch was patching. Somehow the patch is not understood
> > > by my freshly compiled GNU patch v2.5 (nor by /bin/patch).
>
> Are you referring to the patch I posted?

Yes.

> > > patch keeps asking me for filenames. Somehow the patch is just not a
> > > patch as I would normally see them with Linux. (With which I never
> > > got any problem.)
>
> Hmm, I just did a "diff -c" of each file I changed; it should be
> understood by just about any version of patch.

Hmm. 2 out of 2 reported problems on solaris.

> One thing, tho - I made the patch from the sane-1.0 directory, not
> from the directory above it. If you were applying it from the wrong
> directory the patch program wouldn't be able to find the files
> automatically...

I did (I can read file names in the patch as well).

But why not use diff -uNr between an original tree and a new tree? Which
would have resulted in a common type of patchfile.

(Like: diff -uNr sane-1.00.old sane-1.00 )

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |