Re: Getting started with SANE & SnapScan

Kevin Charter (charter@cs.rice.edu)
Tue, 08 Dec 1998 11:42:12 -0600

Gordon Scott wrote:

I'm not sure about the other problems you are having, but...

> > Attempting to run scanimage, I get:
> > # scanimage --device /dev/scanner > /tmp/try.pnm
> > scanimage: open of device /dev/scanner failed: Invalid argument
> >
> > /dev/scanner is symbolically linked to /dev/sgg, which is where my
>
> ... and tools/find-scanner finds it ok at both locations
> (AGFA SNAPSCAN 600 1.20).
>
> So ... devices aren't '/dev's, huh? -- Ho Hum.

No, they should be.

> Setting to -d snapscan or -d snapscan:/dev/scanner with full
> debugging proceeds ok, but still give the same error.

I'll look into this problem this evening. I think that the move
from 0.74 to 1.00 has unveiled a bug in the backend, but from the
looks of things it should be easy to fix. And I actually will have
a little time to tinker with it starting today.

Kevin