RE: Primax scanner

Christian Ordig (chr.ordig@gmx.net)
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:20:09 +0100 (CET)

Hi Sabbacus,

we've just started the project and are still searching for enough people
supporting us. We've written several letters to Primax without any success.
We're trying to sniff the data sent thru the parallel cable when scanning...
perhaps it'll be possible to learn sth. about the used protocol... Nevertheless
we're going to ask Primax for a NDA on Monday...
I've made a list with project members and I've 3 categories: Users, Developers
and Beta-Testers. What would be the right description for you?
Perhaps I'm going to start a message-board on our www-site... What do you think
about this?

Thank you for supporting us.

The Primax Scanner Driver Project for Linux/UN*X
<http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax/>

On 29-Nov-98 Sabbacus S:t Rubens wrote:
> Hi there, i was just wondering, i have a Primax colorado direct 30 bit
> flatbed scanner (parallell port), is there any developmeng going on 4
> that 1 ??
That's the same model, that I use.

> //Sabbacus
>

> --
> Literarum radices amaras, fructus dulces
> (Kunskapens rot är bitter, men dess frukter är söta)
> av Cicero, död år 43 f kr
>
> Sabbacus S:t Rubens
> mailto:sabbacus@helvetet.net
> ICQ: 6520797

---
Christian Ordig
Germany

__ _ / / (_)__ __ ____ __ | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.