Re: Kodak dc210

Viljo Hakala (vipe@terafox.fi)
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 18:36:29 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 26 Nov 1998, Miles Lott wrote:

> I can load pictures from the camera just fine using latest SANE 1.0.
> However, I can only do this as root. A regular user has access only to
> list the devices and get thumbnails using gimp plugin.
What if this is just a permission problem with the serial device?
Include yourself to the device's group, and give write and read access for
the group (chmod g+rw /dev/ttySX, where X is your serial port).

If it still doesn't work, the problem is elsewhere (could be perms
somewhere else), or also in the kernel itself (hardly to be the case
here)..

rgds,
vh