Re: The Primax Scanner Driver Project for Linux/UN*X homepage st

Christian Ordig (chr.ordig@gmx.net)
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 00:10:02 +0100 (CET)

On 22-Nov-98 Danilo Godec wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Nov 1998, Christian Ordig wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to tell that I've started the Primax Scanner Driver Project
>> homepage. It can be found at http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/ by
>> entering
>> the Linux section or directly by going to
>> http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/Primax
>
> Well, I don't have a Primax Colorado, but I do have Primax 4800D scanner.
> I'm not sure how close these are (mine connects to parallel port), but I'd
> certainly like to see Primax drivers for Linux.
>
> I can't do much work other than beta-tests, as I'm not a programmer, but
> I'd be happy to do it.
>
> Let me know if there is anything I can do to make Primax open their eyes
> (I've already requested Linux drivers from them - no success though).
>
> D.
Hi,

I hope they have quite the same protocol... the Colorado direct also connects
to the parallel port. I'll try to use a friend's Primax 9600 with my Win9$
driver to find out if Primax' parallel port scanners use the same protocol.

About beta testing: we don't have any kind of code, yet, because we haven't got
any further information so far... I'll put you onto the beta-testers list and
contact you if we have anything just working a bit.

Thank you for supporting us.

---
Christian Ordig
Germany

__ _ / / (_)__ __ ____ __ | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting /____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\ | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.