Re: Output filters for xscanimage:a simple attempt

Stefan Illy (stefan.illy@itp.fzk.de)
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 09:09:48 +0100 (MET)

> Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:46:45 +0100
> From: wolfgang rapp <w1.rapp@von.ulm.de>
>
> Hi,
> Think this will not work in general with all backends.
> Have a look to xscanimage.c What are you doing with the fseek calls on
> your pipes? You may buffer all data from the scanner like scanimage and
> then put to the pipe. But at this point you can call the image
> generation libs from inside xscanimage direct.

You are right, thank you for pointing that out.

I tried the code only with the microtek2 backend and had no
problems (up to now). I will have a deeper look at xscanimage.c.

What is the reason for using fseek (and also ftell) in xscanimage.c?
Is there a possibility for avoiding this in future releases of sane?

Best wishes, Stefan

--
Stefan Illy                     |  Institut fuer Technische Physik (ITP)
e-mail: stefan.illy@itp.fzk.de  |  Forschungszentrum Karlsruhe GmbH