Re: Mustek III EP scanners

Jeff DeFouw (mrj@i2k.com)
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 15:39:24 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, J. Rhett Aultman wrote:

> nuts. They don't even have the decency to tell me to piss off). I was
> thinking about starting to fiddle around with sniffing out the info, but
> don't know how. Care to let me in on this secret? Also, can I have the

What I've been doing is running Windows95 under the bochs x86 emulator
with modified parallel I/O support to write all the communications to a
file. I haven't been able to use my driver under WINE yet.

> code for your driver? I'd like to see how well it works on mine. Perhaps
> we have a common ground to work here. Maybe between us we can even get a
> generic Mustek parallel scanner.

The code for my old "driver" is very much a mess of partly functioning
stuff. It would be better to wait for part of the new one I'm working on,
which I hope to have working soon. Then we can start working on a driver
that works for both scanners.

--
Jeff DeFouw <mrj@i2k.com>
I2K Staff - http://www.i2k.com