Re: Question.

Jim Ford (jf001@watford.net)
Wed, 04 Nov 1998 22:16:34 +0000

Hunter, Peter wrote:

> Guys,
>
> This may not be the place to ask, but if you can thanks!
>
> All I want is a nice colour scanner, now which one if you had the chance,
> would you buy to be able to use Linux and SANE with ?
> Thanks again.

I'm pleased with my UMAX ASTRA 1220s. It works well in Win95 as well as
Linux 2.0.35. I had to get a new SCSI card for it to work in Linux though (
I chose an NCR chipset one - ncr53c8xx driver. )

I bought my 1220S from Syndicate Computers in Watford - they were the
cheapest and I've had good service and advice from them in the past.

Regards: Jim Ford