Re: sane: Coolscan driver produces unsharp images

Andreas Tille (tille@physik.uni-halle.de)
Wed, 28 Oct 1998 12:59:34 +0100 (MET)

On 28 Oct 1998, Kevin Dalley wrote:

> I tried sane versions 0.72 (from Hamm) and sane 0.74.
> Compared with the W95 software shipped with the Nikon Coolscan
> LS-20 the scans are significantly unsharp.
>
> This may be caused by a broken autofocus routine. A hint for
> this is the terribly noise which the scanner produces before
> doing the scan.
I was the Debian user who sended this bug report. The author of
the coolscan driver sended me a new version which dosn't show this
behaviour. Hopefully this will included in a bugfix release or new
release soon.

Kind regards

Andreas.