Re: saned - Problem found

Terry Mackintosh (terry@terrym.com)
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:03:46 -0400 (EDT)

OK, found it, forgot to check /dev/sga, it was totally lacking any
permissions for both group and others, so only root could access it:(

Added both read and write for every one, changed the line in inet.conf
back to nobody.nobody, and all works well.

So, prehaps there should be a note in the man page for saned that on a Red
Hat 4.2 box, the permissions on the scsi divice will need to be changed.

Note, the only scsi device I have at this point is the scanner, if one
also has disks, then I do not know what security ramifications this might
have.

Thanks again for the great software, and have a great day.
Terry