Re: EPSON backend and xscanimage

Oliver Graf (ograf@fga.de)
04 Oct 1998 22:02:31 +0200

David Mosberger-Tang <David.Mosberger@acm.org> writes:

> Oliver> I would like to see 'modification' functions to change a
> Oliver> existing selection (currently I can only make a new one --
> Oliver> but it would be great if you could change the
> Oliver> corners/borders or move the current selection).
>
> Yup, this would be a nice feature. You may want to consider starting
> with Chris Small's GNOMEified version of xscanimage. He sent pointers
> to it a while ago (if you can't find it in the mail archive, let me
> know and I'll dig it out).

If you have them, send them to me. But the correct implementation of the epson
backend is my first priority at the moment (sane-epson can't handle my
GT-9500 (with all possible options), so I'm motivated).

But after (or if it is easy: while) doing this I will look to change the
interface.

By the way: for a GNOME version I will need GNOME... so I finally can't get
around some nifty CDE/KDE/GNOME thingy...

Regards,
Oliver.

--
Oliver Graf, http://fga.de/~ograf/