Re: Mustek Paragon 1200 III SP

Mitch Chapman (mchapman@siscom.net)
Sun, 04 Oct 1998 09:21:29 -0400

Boris Epstein wrote:

> Hi there!
>
> I've got a Mustek Paragon 1200 III SP (firmware version 1.00). I am trying to use SANE 0.74 to work with it but to no avail. I get a "Invalid Parameters" message when attempting to use scanimage or xscanimage to scan. Any idea why? And what I should do?
>
> Thanks a lot. Sincerely..

Hi Boris,

I just had the same problem. You need to get these files:
mustek.c-0.3 mustek.h-0.3

You can find them here:
http://www.math.TU-Berlin.de/funktion/bolsch/sane/

I just dropped these into the backends directory of the
SANE source tree, in place of the existing mustek.[ch],
and recompiled.

Then xscanimage -d mustek:/dev/sgc
(or whatever SCSI device is your scanner) should work,
provided you have appropriate permissions on the /dev
entry.

That said, I do still have one problem: color registration
is inconsistent. I don't see this problem when using
the scanner under Win95.

--
Mitch Chapman
mchapman@siscom.net