Re: ADF for microtek2 backend

Bernd Schroeder (bernd@aquila.muc.de)
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 11:23:12 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 06, 1998 at 07:37:57PM -0700, Marcel Oliver wrote:
> Hi, I have a Microtek ADF 600L Automatic Document Feeder, which
> attaches to the Scanmaker E3 Plus. Since the microtek2 backend for
> sane does not support the automatic document feeder, I have tried to
> take the ADF stuff from the microtek backend (which apparently works
> for the old Scanmaker E3) and put it into the microtek2 backend.
>
> Unfortunately it seems that the instruction codes have changed from
> the E3 to the E3 plus, it seems it doen't work this way.

That is the reason, why two backends exist for Microtek scanners.

> Does anybody have information about the interface specifications?
> There seems to be a "media" field in the set_window code which is
> underused, maybe this can be used to activate the ADF?

Probably, but there are more things to do. I have a version of the backend
that has preliminary (which means untested) support for a transparency
media adapter. The ADF should be activated very much the same way.

I hope to have a version with (as well untested) support for an ADF within
the next days. However, the backend is currently in an intermediate state
due to some changes, so that it takes probably some days to get it
reasonably running again at all.

Bernd

--
Bernd Schroeder