Re: Mustek ScanExpress Backend

Sylvester Burckhardt (bm898841@muenchen.org)
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 00:54:51 +0200

Dr. Andreas Bolsch wrote:

> Try to scan a narrow strip at 1200dpi (e.g. -x50)
> If the problem does NOT appear then it is probably a
> problem with the SCSI-Interface.
>
> The scanner suffers from buffer overrun at high data
> rates. I experienced this problem with the SCSI card
> shipped with the scanner and (less worse) with
> my Adaptec AVA-1505.
>
> Resolutions >300 dpi are extremly demanding as they
> are actually mapped to 600dpi or 1200dpi
> (the scanners firmware can't deal correctly with "odd"
> resolutions in color mode) and downscaled by the
> backend.

Hi,

first of all, thank you for the excellent work you´ve done to make the
SCANEXPRESS working with
sane. And all the other guys for developing the SANE software, too.

Are you interested in other cases of misalignement of red lines?

My configuration (ASUS SC200 with 3 SCSI dsks, 1 CDROM and the Scanexpress
on a single cable) shows the same effect with resolution >300 dpi

Bye

Sylvester Burckhardt