Re: Mustek scanner

R Pickett (emerson@hayseed.net)
Mon, 31 Aug 1998 15:27:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998, Matthew R Pinkston wrote:

> Dear Sirs,
> I was just wondering if there is any work being done on SANE
> compatibility with the Mustek 600 III EP Plus scanner.

I asked this same question (in rather longer form, offering any help I could
muster as a non-coder) about a month ago, to this list, and have also seen one
other such request besides this one come through here. None of them have been
answered or even acknowledged. I start to get the feeling that asking for
status on this scanner is somehow a faux pas around here....

So, let me reassert my voice in the chorus: What do we know about supporting
this scanner? How can I help get this scanner supported? Which developer
best understands parallel scanner stuff, and would be interested in taking
this on, with at least me helping in every possible way?