Re: Windows port

Alex Belits (abelits@phobos.illtel.denver.co.us)
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 23:04:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 29 Aug 1998, Daniel Stephens wrote:

> Also, some people HAVE to use windows for various reasons (corporate standards
> for example), why should they lose out from being SANEd??

The last kind of people that worth help are ones that use Windows by
"corporate standards" and thus constitute major force, used by Microsoft
for their market dominance and thus keeping companies from providing
decent support for their hardware in non-Microsoft systems. While there
may be valid reasons for Windows port, this one isn't.

There are a lot of free software projects that recently got Win32 port,
but I have yet to see any of them other than perl, that produced anything
but #ifdef's in sources, headache for developers and "How to install it on
Windows 98?" questions in mailing lists.

--
Alex