Re: Mustek ScanMagic 9636 P

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 17:39:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Jun 1998, mirekp wrote:

> I'm "Mustek ScanMagic 9636 P " flatbet scaner owner and Linux user so
> I'd like to use this scaner
> under Linux but I can't because it is not work.
> find-scaner -v /dev/lp0 can't find it
> This is parallel scaner not SCSI. What should I do to work properly ?

Write a driver I fear.

Support for parallel port scanners is still minimal as scanner builders
are reluctant to give programmers info and they are even more scared to
give info on parallel scnanners as it seems.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |