Re: no SANE devices found..

John Warren Duprey (jduprey@milo.roc.servtech.com)
Tue, 02 Jun 1998 01:45:42 +0000

David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> Try "scanimage -L" after setting environment variables
> SANE_DEBUG_DLL and SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK to 255.
>
> --david

David,

This got me farther.
It appears that it is finding the scanner, but my whole system locks.
export SANE_DEBUG_DLL=true
export SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK=255

scanimage -L
...will cause the scanner lights to blink, then lock the system
scanimage -d microtek:/dev/scanner -h
...will cause the scanner to do "something" then lock the system..
Debug info is spit out, but I can't seem to save since the system
locks..

Does sane probe the system? This can cause problems on my computer
since I have a sound card with scsi support, in addition to an adeptec
scsi card with my zip drive and E6 scanner attached. I also have an
ethernet card and a PCI video cards. Getting all of these to boot
without lock up has forced me to add the following lines to my lilo.conf

"reserve=0x340,32, ether=9,0x340,eth0 pas16=0x388,7
aha152x=0x140,11,7,1"
I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

I will try to capture the debug information...

-John