Re: NT frontend

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Fri, 22 May 1998 19:42:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 22 May 1998, Chris Sparks (aka Mr. Ada) wrote:

> Brian Macy wrote:
>
> > Well, if someone will give me the network protocol specification SANE uses
> > to talk, writing a TWAIN wrapper to use with a SANE networked scanner will
> > suddenly become a higher priority project on my list. Until then it'll will
> > have to wait until I feel like reverse engineer the protocol. So far I
> > haven't been able to find it in the documentation for SANE anywhere.
>
> To extrapolate further, it would be nice to have TWAIN capability on Linux
> so that I could possible use my scanner (Plustek 6000). I have all but given
> up hope.

TWAIN is the same type of interface as SANE has between frontend and
backend. So the use of TWAIN on any system but win* is useless. It is
software and we have no use for windows software. (You may try to
incorporate it with Linux of BSD on an intel platform but what about SANE
on HPUX or Solaris (sparc)?)

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |