Re: problems with snapscan and scanimage

Rob Fargher (fargher@POBoxes.com)
Wed, 13 May 1998 17:54:54 +0700

On Wed, 13 May 1998 11:02:03 +0200, KH Jeron wrote:

>now my snapscan 310 (sane 0.72) seems to work.
>the only problem is, that scanimage just scans the right corner on the bottom of a
>piece of paper.
>the paper size is 21 cm x 29,7 cm but the scanned area is just about 8 cm x 10
>cm.
>i have no idea why this happens.
>kheinz

I had something similar happen to me and was pulling my hair out, trying to figure out what was going
wrong. I finally realised that I had changed the SG_BIG_BUFF size in /usr/src/linux/include/scsi/sg.h
to the highest recommended value before I compiled SANE but hadn't re-compiled the kernel after I'd
made the SC_BIG_BUFF change.

Once I re-compiled and installed the kernel with this change, SANE and my scanner work properly.

Now if only I could figure out how to get the GIMP to load xscanimage when I'm logged on as a user,
I'd be happy. As a user, I can load and use xscanimage but "Acquire Image" isn't an option on the
GIMP "Xtns" menu. It is when I'm logged in as root, though.

Cheers,
Rob