Re: Win32 TWAIN DLL to interface with SANE

Graham Stoney (greyham@research.canon.com.au)
Wed, 13 May 1998 12:13:01 +1000 (EST)

Brian Macy writes:
> Has anyone written a TWAIN DLL for Win32 to interface with saned on another
> machine?

As others have pointed out, it doesn't exist yet, but I think it would be a
truly worthwhile project which would go a long way towards narrowing the gulf
between TWAIN and Sane. It would also be really good for "selling" Sane's
advantages, since it's something that would be rather difficult under TWAIN's
architecture. TWAIN users would be able to access scanners remotely via Sane,
and would ask themselves "why can't I access a scanner remotely with TWAIN?".

Regards,
Graham

--
Graham Stoney, Senior Hardware/Software Engineer
Canon Information Systems Research Australia