Re: Win32 TWAIN DLL to interface with SANE

Yuri Dario (mc6530@mclink.it)
Tue, 12 May 1998 20:02:05 +0100

On Tue, 12 May 1998 05:52:19 -0700, Brian Macy wrote:

>If anyone has an decent examples of RPC communication under Win32 I'd
>appreciate them. Otherwise I'll have to do a lot of trail/error. The Win32
>RPC API sucks (no great surprise) and I have yet to find a compiler
>independent example of its use. Personally I'd find a TWAIN Data Source for
>SANE very useful.

I have started a little project like this for OS/2, but I found that implementing the minimal Twain
specifications, is not a joke!

Also RPC is not involved in twain dll's: a twain DLL has only one entry point, a fixed list of parameters, and
a lot of cases.

Bye,

Yuri