Re: Problems with xscanimage and SANE 0.72

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 17:08:24 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Rob Fargher wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:57:10 +0200 (MET DST), Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE wrote:
>
> > then make sure you use the original distributions
> > (no changes in gtkclue.c !!!)
> >
> > then make distclean, configure, make and make install gtk
> > then make distclean, configure, make and make install gimp
> > then make distclean, configure, make and make install sane
>
> I followed your instructions to the letter.
>
> 1) GTK+-1.0.0 seemed to compile and install OK.
>
> 2) GIMP
> a) During the configure stage, I get "Checking for gtk_tooltips_set_tooltips ... (cached) no."
> b) The compile seemed to work and install OK. However when I try to run it, the opening
> screen comes up but the GIMP crashes when loading extension-script-fu as follows:
> /usr/lib/gimp/0.99.12/plug-ins/script-fu: error in loading shared libraries
> libgimpui.so.1: cannot open shared objectfile: no such file or directory
> wire-read: unexpected EOF (plug-in crashed?)
>
> I am compiling and installing gimp-0.99.27. The reference to 0.99.12 in the lib
> path confuses me.

Are you a million percent sure you do NOT (repeat: NOT) have ANY old
libraries on your system?

> 3) SANE 0.72 still doesn't compile. The error message is as follows:
>
> gktglue.c: In function 'set tooltip': gtkglue.c:80:warning: implicit declaration of function
> 'gtk_tooltips_set_tips'.
> gtkglue.o: In function 'set tooltip': /tmp/sane-0.72/frontend/gtkglue.c:80: undefined
> reference to 'gtk-tooltips_set_tips'
> make[1]: ***[xscanimage] Error 1
>
> Many thanks for your valiant efforts! :-)

What happens with gtk 0.99.10 instead of 1.0.0 (famous point O syndrome?)

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |