Re: Suggestion for Improvement of Xscanimage

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 22:16:32 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 21 Apr 1998 Oliver.Rauch@Wolfsburg.DE wrote:

> > > I will work on xscanimage in the future. In the moment I am working on xxerox,
> > > a new sane-frontend for making photocopies. If I come to the point where I
> >
> > xxerox? Oh man.. watch out for Xerox Corp.'s lawyers. ;)
>
> I already thought about that, but in my dictonary there is written:
>
> xerox = photocopy,
>
> The question is: is "xerox = photocopy" because everybody
> uses it that way because the name is taken from the company,
> or has there been the word "xerox" first
> and the company named itsel "xerox" aterwards?

It is named after the company. They do not seem to be that hard on this as
it means good advertisement.

> I don't know and if there might be a real problem with it,
> I will call id Xphotocopy, but that's too lonk :-( !

How about Xcopy ;-)

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |