Re: Minolta Reply (was:Public Relation Department (Ref. No. CR-3255 V)

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 16:07:29 +0200 (MET DST)

becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de wrote:

> Hi !
>
> > I must say I fairly dismayed by this attitude, especially that they
> > brand me an "individual customer" after I had made it clear in the
> > request that the information would enable me (us) to develop the driver
> > on our own, and thus was not intended for just me myself.
>
> It might help, if we try further requests under a corporate EMail address.
>
> I assume, that we have quite some software professionals here, and
> very probably some that run their own small company and could use its
> name for getting at information.
>
> It is much easier, when the "other side" thinks they are dealing with a
> professional developer trying to make a product that gives an alternate
> "surface" to scanning, and they are much more easily convinced, that
> it might be beneficial, if their product shows up in the "supported
> scanners" list.
>
> I know this is psychological trickery, but well - if it helps ?

I will be contacting Minolta soon from my "corporate address". One
little difference, I'm going to ask them to pay me for developping the
SANE driver.

Who-all was interested in which Minolta scanner?

My list now consists of:
Ray Clouse <Ray.Clouse@boeing.com> Dimage Scan Dual

Regards,

Roger.

--
If it's there and you can see it, it's REAL      |___R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl  |
If it's there and you can't see it, it's TRANSPARENT |  Tel: +31-15-2137555  |