Re: xscanimage looking for Mustek 1200SP

Henning Meier-Geinitz (henningmg@gmx.de)
Mon, 13 Apr 1998 16:21:21 +0200

> On Mon, 13 Apr 1998, Alexander Schulz wrote:
>
> > 1) xscanimage crashes, when I close the preview-window.
> > I am using gtk 0.99.7, so I will update that, when I find the time,
> > but I didn't find anything about the version of gtk to use in
> > the README.
>
> The patch was made against 0.99.7 and should work with 0.99.7 or higher.
>
> I tried to duplicate your findings but was unable to do so. xscanimage
> keeps stable. (even despite the alpha specific warnings it shows on the
> console ;-)

As mentioned earlier, xscanimage is closed here too, everytime the
preview window is closed. It doesn't matter if it's done by pressing
the preview window button once again or by closing the window with the
window manager. It happens with and without gimp and with the mustek
and pnm backends.

I found another problem wich I can't reproduce everytime: Xscanimage
crashes silently or writes errors after chnging the resolution and
after that changing the scan mode. The errors are:

** WARNING **: file gtkobject.c: line 1083
(gtk_object_get_data_by_id): "GTK_IS_OBJECT (object)"

** WARNING **: file gtksignal.c: line 1043 (gtk_signal_real_emit):
"gtk_type_is_a (GTK_OBJECT_TYPE (object), signal->info.object_type)"

This is:

Pentium 166 System
SANE 0.72
Gimp 0.99.22