Re: pre-release available for testing

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 12:40:27 +0200 (MET DST)

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> If you're maintaining a backend or a SANE for a non-Linux platform, a
> pre-relese of 0.72 is now available for testing. Please do not
> download this version unless you're prepared to send in patches to fix
> problems that may be present. That said, the pre-release is available
> at:
>
> ftp://ftp.mostang.com/pub/sane/beta/pre.tar.gz
>
> I believe this version contains all patches and additions that I
> received over the last couple of weeks. Please make sure I didn't
> miss any of your patches (if I did, I apologize). Also, I made
> changes to some backends (dmc, canon, epson, microtek, I believe), to
> improve portability to platforms with compilers other than gcc. If
> you maintain one of these backends, I'd appreciate if you make sure
> those changes find their way into your sources.

Well compiling goes OK here on RedHat Linux 5.0 on the Alpha. And I am
making a new SPEC file that will use the BuildRoot environment so building
a new package will no longer hurt the present installed version.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |