Re: Sane patches/observations on solaris 2.6/umax s6-e

Hugo van der Kooij (hvdkooij@caiw.nl)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 02:27:05 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Michael Polo wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> First, I think sane is awesome. I've been a long time sun
> user for a long time, and it's great to be able to finally
> scan things without having to struggle with crippled PC
> software. Just having a command line option makes automating
> things so easy - though it's not as 'sexy' as a windoze command
> line interface that locks the screen during scans, requires
> you enter some data into a window every 3 seconds, etc...
>
> By the way, on large scans, the scanner seems to back up. Is
> there a buffer size to change somewhere to make it scan in one
> pass without pausing? I have 128Mb of memory and I thought if
> the scsi bus could keep up, the system could. Any ideas?

I do suspect that this is related to the scanner. I have a HP Scanjet 5p
And even when the system is busy I don't have this backup behaviour of the
scanner. It scan in one smooth motion.

Hugo.

| Hugo van der Kooij | Hugo.van.der.Kooij@caiw.nl |
| 3155 VJ Maasland | (De man met de rode hoed) |