Re: Mustek MFC-600S damaged by scanimage - what now?

Olaf Ronneberger (Olaf.Ronneberger@dlr.de)
Thu, 26 Mar 1998 16:53:14 +0100

I wrote a few days ago:

> The slider of the scanner didn't stop at the end of the physical scan
> area and the mechanism produced a loud noise (creek, creek, creek ...).
> I switched it off immediately, but when I switched it on again, only one
> side of the slider was pulled back, and the slider got stuck.
>
> I opened the scanner and found a wire-cable besides the cable drum near
> the motor. I put it back onto this drum and the slider now moves as
> before, but I have colored vertical stripes on each scan. Even in
> Gray-mode there is a light stripe on the image.

I found the problem: When I closed the scanner, some cables were in
front of the optics (the CCD-Line and its lens is located behind the
motor). So it was very easy to fix and the colored stripes are gone now.

Olaf