Re: Sane 0.71 and CanoScan 300

Lele Forzani (lele@windmill.ibn.it)
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 22:55:14 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Lele Forzani wrote:

> I am testing Sane 0.71 with a CanoScan 300 (which should be similar to the
> 600 model)
> This is what i am getting, feel free to ask any other questions.

> ncr53c810a-0:2: ERROR (0:4) (9-0-0) (e0/33) @ script (eb8:1900000c).
> ncr53c810a-0: script cmd = 88080000
> ncr53c810a-0: regdump: da 00 80 33 47 e0 02 1e 01 09 82 00 80 00 09 02.
> ncr53c810a-0: have to clear fifos.
> ncr53c810a-0: unexpected disconnect

Got it.

echo "setsync all 255">/proc/scsi/ncr53c8xx/0

fixes all the problems.
I suppose there is some trouble here with Canon and the
syncronous/asyncronous tranfer negotiation. Not an issue of the canon
backend.

Now, though not deeply tested, the canon backend appears to work with my
CanoScan 300. A small note: if something goes wrong, even an interrupt
from the keyboard, scanimage exits leaving the scanner with the lamp
turned on and the mechanism on its way until a device reset occurs.

Thank you.
Lele