Re: sane-0.70 is out

Kevin R. Charter (charter@cs.ualberta.ca)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 13:36:58 -0700

Henning Sauer wrote:

> On 29-Jan-98 David Mosberger-Tang wrote:
> > Just uploaded sane-0.70 to
> > ftp://ftp.mostang.com/pub/sane/sane-0.70.tar.gz.
> >
> > New with 0.70:
> >
> When starting xscanimage with SANE 0.70 I get the following message
>
> [snapscan] add_device: "UMAX Astra 1200S " is not an AGFA SnapScan
> [snapscan] sane_snapscan_init: failed to add device "/dev/scanner"

Sorry, this is my fault. The snapscan backend added in 0.70 complains about
not finding an AGFA snapscan at initialization if there isn't one.

Does the umax backend still find your scanner, or does xscanimage stop after
these messages get printed? The message problem will be fixed in the
snapscan backend this evening, and a patch will be available. In the
meantime, the messages should go away if you command out the "snapscan"
line in <sane installation root>/etc/sane.d/dll.conf.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Kevin

--
Kevin Charter                        /\                      Grad Studies
charter@cs.ualberta.ca            /\/  \  Department of Computing Science