Re: Umax Backend.

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:42:51 +0100 (MET)

William T Wilson wrote:

> I doubt this. Unless you are an authorized representative of this
> company, or even have reasonable connections of such a type, I will
> instead follow the instructions of the person who obtained this material,
> who specifically asked if there was FTP space for it.

Right. David has offered space on the "sane" ftp site, but he agrees
with me that we better be sure that they want it published.

The hint that they don't want it published is that they don't give it
out to everybody who asks. There has been quite a while when the state
was "We asked for docs, but all requests got refused or directed to
the bitbucket".

The person who obtained this material just might have missed out on
the hints that I've seen. I have no power over you: I cannot threaten
to fire you. So my remark is a friendly remark, to think about what
you're doing, and not put someones elses job (specifically the one
that is able to get us docs we need!) on the line without thinking
about it.

> Besides, it's not as if I posted it on yahoo, its existence WAS only
> advertised to members of this list.

Yes, but with the search-engines that exist nowadays, you don't know
who will stumble over your site 24 hours from now.

Roger.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a