Re: Umax Backend.

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:34:06 +0100 (MET)

William T Wilson wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Nicolas Lucas de Peslouan wrote:
>
> > space into sane ftp server to store this kind of files, so that anybody
> > who want to go and play with some development will have easy access to
>
> I have put the file up for download. It is at
> ftp://elendil.dunadan.com/pub/umax.tar.gz

Guys, most companies like to keep these specs kind of low-profile. (*)

So, maybe someone forgot to say "don't distribute this", which might
mean that we can mail it around among interested parties on this
mailinglist, but putting it up for anonymous FTP might get someone
into trouble (possibly the person who got us this information, who
will then NOT give out any more information to keep his job....)

I therefore suggest that it NOT be put up for general FTP, but quietly
distributed among the subscribers to this list......

Roger.

(*) E.g. I asked for the Tamarack specs (the tamarack backend is in
0.69), but headquarters rejected my request. I finally got them from
the local Tamarack Europe branch, which happens to be here in the
Netherlands. The same seems to apply here: internally the specs are
available, but externally they (officially) aren't. You have to get
lucky and find someone willing to "leak" them.

--
** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a