Re: xerox settings for DINA4

Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:45:58 +0100 (MET)

Henning Sauer wrote:

> On 20-Jan-98 Michael Sweet wrote:
> > Henning Sauer wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> the xerox script that comes with sane-0.68 seems to expect the width
> >> and
> >> length in inches and as here in Germany we use the metric system and I
> >> would like to copy DINA4 papers I'm searching for the right settings
> >> for
> >> DINA4.
> >
> > A4 media is 8.27x11.69 inches.
> >
> Unfortionately this does still lead to same result that copy of the page
> is smaller than the orginal. I get the following warning "pnmtops:
> warning, image too large for page, rescaling to 0.215078". How can I
> change this so that when I copy a DINA4 page the copy is really a copy and
> not a scaled down copy ?

Read the manual of pnmtops. I was on the verge of doing it myself, but
you should be able to do that yourself....

Roger.

> Bye,
> Henning

** R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl ** +31-15-2137555 ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ **
Florida -- A 39 year old construction worker woke up this morning when a
109-car freight train drove over him. According to the police the man was
drunk. The man himself claims he slipped while walking the dog. 080897